Hopkinsville Seventh-day Adventist Church
|Home | About Us | Calendar | Ministries | News | Online Giving | Bible Study Helps and Lessons | Last sermon | Media | Bookstore | Prayer Request | Church History | Church Officers | Contact Us|
Hopkinsville S. D. A. History
In 1955 the local Branch Sabbath School was organized into a church. The charter members were: Guy and Oma Hudgins, Favel Durry, Chester and Camille Maddox, Catherine Moore, Ben and Nora Gray, and Pastor Henry and Josephine Wilmont.
In July, 1957 when Dr and Helen Rose moved to Pembroke. The church was meeting in the basement of Chester and Camille Madox's basement. The first church building was started 1958 on the corner of Canton and Woolridge. The first services were held by Pastor Henry Wilmont in 1959. The Hopkinsville Church was dedicated in 1960. There was a Church School in the back of the church. Sometimes after church everyone would go on a picnic to the Harold's Farm or out to All Hen's place on Lake Barkley.
In 1984 construction was begun at 530 Pyle Lane under the leadership of Pastor Jim McConnell. Most of the church was constructed by church members. This is still our present location. Construction was completed under the pastorship of Pastor David Lea. There was also a Church School in the downstairs of the church.
We are all thankful for the leadership of the 15 Pastors who have led us druring past the 60 years.
Pastor Henry and Josephine Wilmot
Pastor Clarence and Violet Wolf
Pastor Norman and Mavis Jones
Pastor Fred and Joyce Williams
Pastor L. A. and Ethel Mae Watson
Pastor Henry and Ann Fowler
Pastor Phil and Donna Huber
Pastor Fred and Linda Rogers
Pastor Jim and Corinne Ferguson
Pastor Bob and Sandy McMillan
Pastor Jim and Jan McConnell
Pastor David and Johnnie Lea
Pastor Jerrett and Gayle Brown
Pastor Bob and Debbie Wint
Pastor Floyd Harmon
We have also been blessed with many outstanding members over the years. Some of them were:
Guy and Oma Hudgins
Chester and Camille Maddox
Ben and Nora Gray
Pastor Henry and Josephine Wilmont
Dr. and Helen Rose ( The writing desk in the foyer is dedicated in his memory)
Raymond and Betty Harold
Dr. and Beverly Long (The stained glass window was dedicated to her memory).
We owe a great deal to these pillars who sustained our church. we should reach out to the people in Hopkinsville in the name of Jesus. We should also share how he has changed our lives.
Any pertant information should be e-mailed to email@example.com. Thank you in advance for your assistance.